Helloooo lovely lot.
Today I have made my favorite entertainment list for you. I have loved loads of entertainment things lately and thought it’d be fun sharing it with you guys.
- Book: I’ll give you the sun. Oh how I love this book. It’s an YA book, but I defenitely feel like it could be such a good read to anyone. I had bought the book quite a while ago actually but I’ve only just come around to finish reading it. I found it a little hard to get in the flow in the beginning, but once you’re in it, you’re so in it. I couldn’t stop reading but didn’t want it coming to an end either. It discusses big subjects such as loss, homosexuality and love, but it’s written very lightly. I especially loved the way Noah looked at the world.
- Podcast: RadioLab – On the Edge. This is such an inspirational story. It’s about a black female figure skater. She wasn’t your standard figure skater and didn’t care much for rules, even though she was being judged very hard for it. But, she stood up for herself and maybe even changed the way people look at figure skating nowadays.
- Movie: The Jungle Book. So. Good. That’s basically everything that describes this movie. I’m talking about the new movie, directed by Jon Favreau. The only human in this movie is Mowgli, played by this super talented young boy from New York City. All the animals are animated but, boy, do they look real. It’s such a well made movie that made me laugh, cry and gave me goosebumps all in 1h46. That’s quite something if you ask me.
- Music: Sweat (A La La La Song) by Izzy Bizy. Can’t Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake. I had chosen Izzy Bizu’s song a while back for this category, because it’s such a happy, summer-y song and I love Izzy’s sound. But then, there was mr. JT. How frickin’ good is his comeback?! I love love love Can’t Stop The Feeling so much. It just makes me want to get up and dance my feet off. The video is so cute as well gahhhh.
- Documentary: Amy. About a month ago I went to see the documentary about the beautiful woman that is Amy Whinehouse. What I loved most about this documentary is that it’s not just people she knew talking to a camera, but personal videos of Amy, while you just hear the people talk. It’s made me realize even more what a shame it is that we lost such a talented, beautiful and passionate woman at such a young age.
- Blogpost: Rookie – Sunday Comic: This Is Not a Test. I loved this comic about the final exams, especially because I myself was in the middle of them when I read it. This post lighted my mood a little and actually provided some good tips, YAY!
Hope you loved this! Talk soon!